If you owned one of those first PlayStation 3 ‘Phat’ consoles which were introduced in 2006, then you could be owed a little cash!
The first PS3 console launched in 2006 gave users the capability to set up a different operating system in addition to the PS3 program.
However, if the “slim model” was published, the alternate operating system attribute was eliminated because of safety issues.
That change led to a class-action litigation. A settlement was reached in 2016, allowing PS3 owners to maintain $65.
So as to make your claim for cash from Sony, You Have to Do the following:
- Have made the purchase from a licensed PlayStation merchant in the USA.
- The bought console should have been purchased fresh, not a floor version or utilized.
- Contain your PSN username and PS3 sequential number.
- The deal is only great for both 20GB, 40GB, 60GB and 80GB versions.
- Fill out this claim type and supply your own PlayStation 3’s sequential number or your PlayStation Network signal in information.